Visiting Vasco da Gama
Visitors can enjoy all that Vasco da Gama has to offer including the seaside, gardens and temples. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Anjuna Beach, Arossim Beach and Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Vasco da Gama
- The closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Vasco da Gama
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Vasco da Gama Station or Vasco da Gama Dabolim Station. Vasco da Gama might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Vasco da Gama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 34°C and nighttime averages of 20°C
- About 2606 millimetres of rain falls on Vasco da Gama each year
- Usually November and October are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 20°C