Visitors to Ooty are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples.
- There are 126 hotels and other accommodation options in Ooty
- The closest major airport is in Coimbatore (CJB), 34.8 mi (55.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kozhikode (CCJ-Calicut Intl.), 54.2 mi (87.2 km) away
Getting around Ooty
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ooty Udhagamandalam Station, Ooty Lovedale Station or Ooty Ketti Station. Ooty might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ooty
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- About 629 millimetres of rain falls on Ooty each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°C