Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newport, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and spas. Top sights around the area include National Museum Wales, Cardiff Castle and Principality Stadium.
- You'll find 285 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Getting around Newport
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Newport Station, Pye Corner Station or Rogerstone Station. Newport may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Newport gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C