Visitors can enjoy all that Matheran has to offer including its mountain views. In Matheran, there are 7 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Mumbai (BOM-Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl.), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Matheran
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 36°C and the nighttime average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 38°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Matheran gets about 706 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 37°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 12°C