Visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Lauterbrunnen, which is also known for its skiing and tours. The scenic and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Trummelbach Falls, Jungfraujoch and Eiger.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Lauterbrunnen
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 29.2 mi (47 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sion (SIR), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) away
Getting around Lauterbrunnen
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Lauterbrunnen Station, Mürren Station or Lauterbrunnen Kleine Scheidegg Station. Lauterbrunnen may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lauterbrunnen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Lauterbrunnen gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C