Families will find kid-friendly activities in Interlaken, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its tours. Top sights around the area include Trummelbach Falls, Eiger and Schloss Schadau.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodation options in Interlaken
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 23 mi (37 km) from the city centre
Getting around Interlaken
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Interlaken West Station or Interlaken Ost Station. Interlaken might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Interlaken
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Interlaken is 26 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C