Travellers to Kendal give high marks for the lakeside setting and lively bar scene. The welcoming and cultural setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Hill Top.
- There are 114 hotels and other accommodation options in Kendal
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 42.7 mi (68.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kendal
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kendal Station, Kendal Oxenholme Station or Burneside Station. Kendal may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kendal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Kendal gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C