History buffs will enjoy exploring Cairo, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, beautiful gardens and local tours. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its cafes, entertainment and shopping. Top sights in the city include Great Sphinx of Giza, Giza Pyramid Complex and Egyptian Museum.
- There are 301 hotels and other accommodation options in Cairo
- The closest major airport is in Cairo (CAI-Cairo Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Cairo
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cairo Rames Station. Cairo might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Cairo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 35°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 36°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 9°C
- About 0 millimetres of rain falls on Cairo each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 35°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°C