Search Hostels in Buffalo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Buffalo
Other property types in Buffalo
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Reviewed on 20 Oct 2020
Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst
Reviewed on 4 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 7 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find somewhere affordable to stay in Buffalo, there are 147 lodging options here to choose from, including hostels. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Buffalo for a lower cost, so you can save your budget for going out. You can check out cultural highlights like the theatres in this destination, or enjoy the sporting events and other activities.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Buffalo?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're discovering new places, so here's some information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 9° C and night-time temperatures average -8° C
- April-June: 26° C is the daytime average and 0° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 27° C and night-time averages are around 9° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 18° C during the day and -7° C at night
- Average rainfall is 1028 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Buffalo?
Depending on your interests, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Niagara Falls State Park
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Horseshoe Falls
- Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Lafayette Square
- Pierce - Arrow Museum
- Kleinhans Music Hall
- Buffalo Museum of Science
Generally, Buffalo is known for its:
- Live music
- University life
- Historical sites
How to Get to Buffalo and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), which is 15.2 mi (24.4 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to make use of public transport. You can access metro transport at Lafayette Square Station, Church Station and Fountain Plaza Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, catch a train at Buffalo-Exchange Street Station, Buffalo-Exchange Street Station or Buffalo-Depew Station.