Visitors to Amsterdam are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers, shopping and wineries.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Getting around Amsterdam
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Amsterdam Station. Amsterdam might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and nighttime averages of -11°C
- About 1178 millimetres of rain falls on Amsterdam each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -12°C