Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Thiruvananthapuram, which is also known for its temples and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, art and musical theatre.
- There are 107 hotels and other accommodation options in Thiruvananthapuram
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Thiruvananthapuram
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Thiruvananthapuram Central Station, Thiruvananthapuram Pettah Station or Thiruvananthapuram Kochuveli Station. Thiruvananthapuram might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Thiruvananthapuram
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Thiruvananthapuram gets about 64 millimetres of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C