Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Stroud give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its golfing. A top sight in the area is Thornbury Castle.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodation options in Stroud
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 53 mi (85.4 km) away
Getting around Stroud
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Stroud Station. Stroud might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stroud
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Stroud each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C