Shanghai Hotels from Rs4,813
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 19 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 27 Jul 2020
Where to stay in Shanghai
Shanghai Disneyland© and Shanghai Tower are top sights in Pudong, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Pudong International Airport Station or Haitiansan Road Station to see more sights in the area.
Travellers choose Jing'an for its ample dining options. Hop aboard the metro at Yanchang Road Station or Circus World Station and check out top sights like Jing'an Temple.
Known for its beautiful gardens and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Shanghai. Check out top attractions like Yu Garden and The Bund, and jump on the metro at East Nanjing Road Station or Yuyuan Garden Station to see more of the city.
Known for its beautiful gardens and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Huangpu. Check out top attractions like Yu Garden and People's Square, and jump on the metro at Xiaonanmen Station or Laoximen Station to see more of the city.
Travellers choose Xuhui for its abundant dining options. Hop aboard the metro at Shilong Road Station or Caobao Road Station and check out top sights like Shanghai Stadium.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shanghai, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing and restaurants. Top sights in the city include The Bund, Jing'an Temple and Shanghai Tower.
- There are 1634 hotels and other accommodation options in Shanghai
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Getting around Shanghai
With so many choices for transport, seeing Shanghai is a breeze. You can access metro transport at People's Square Station, Dashijie Station and Xinzha Road Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Shanghai Railway Station, Shanghai South Railway Station or Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
Dressing for Shanghai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Shanghai gets about 1151 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Shanghai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shanghai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Shanghai?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Shanghai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best golf hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best hotel in Shanghai that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shanghai?
Shanghai Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Shanghai by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shanghai Airports
- Areas of Shanghai
- Accommodation near Shanghai Attractions
- More accommodation types in Shanghai
- Choose Your Shanghai Hotel Style
- Search Shanghai Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shanghai
- Hotels Near Shanghai, China
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations