Visitors to Rensselaer are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rivers. Around the area, top sights include New York State Museum, The Egg and Times Union Center.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Getting around Rensselaer
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Albany-Rensselaer Station. Rensselaer might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rensselaer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rensselaer is 1001 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -9°C