Search Hostels in Los Angeles
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Los Angeles
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Los Angeles
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, Los Angeles
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Reviewed on 27 Feb 2021
Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Reviewed on 2 Mar 2021
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for somewhere affordable to stay in Los Angeles, one of the 28 hostels here could be a great option. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Los Angeles for good value, so you can save your money for exploring. You can check out cultural highlights like the theatres in this destination, or enjoy the sporting events and other activities.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Los Angeles?
The weather can be a big factor when you're discovering new places, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically August and September, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 22°C and nighttime temperatures average 9°C
- April-June: 27°C is the daytime average and 11°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 29°C and nighttime averages are around 16°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average rainfall is 362 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Los Angeles?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places:Top Sights
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Dolby Theater
- TCL Chinese Theatre
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Griffith Park
- Pershing Square
- Hollywood Bowl
- J. Paul Getty Museum
- RMS Queen Mary
In general, Los Angeles is known for its:
- Live music
How to Get to Los Angeles and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), located 10 mi (16.1 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), which is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away. When you're out and about, you may want to use public transport to get around. Walk to nearby metro stations like Pershing Square Station, 7th Street - Metro Center Station and Civic Center Station. To see more of the surrounding area, hop on a train at Los Angeles Union Station, Los Angeles Cal State Station or Glendale Transportation Center.