Search Hostels in Istanbul
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Istanbul
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Istanbul
YOTEL Istanbul Airport LANDSIDE
Reviewed on 25 Oct 2020
Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
Reviewed on 23 Oct 2020
Swissotel The Bosphorus Istanbul
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for a low-cost place to stay in Istanbul, one of the 47 hostels here could be a great option for you. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in Istanbul for good value, so you can save your money for sightseeing. You can check out the museums and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Istanbul?
Good weather's always better when you're experiencing new places, so here are some stats that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 13° C and night-time temperatures average 2° C
- April-June: 26° C is the daytime average and 6° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 27° C and night-time averages are around 14° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 21° C during the day and 3° C at night
- Average rainfall is 815 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Istanbul?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might appreciate these places:Top Sights
- Mall of Istanbul
- Suleymaniye Mosque
- Belgrad Forest
- Piyer Loti
- Golden Horn Park
- Hagia Sophia
- Istanbul Archaeology Museum
- Rahmi M. Koc Industry Museum
In general, Istanbul is known for its:
- Historical sites
How to Get to Istanbul and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in Istanbul (IST-Ataturk Intl.), located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), situated 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away. Once you're on the ground, you may want to use public transport during your trip. Walk to nearby metro stations like Mescid-i Selam Station, Cebeci Station and Sultanciftligi Station. To see more of the surrounding area, take a train from Istanbul Halkali Station, Istanbul Kanarya Station or Istanbul Soguksu Station.