Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Swindon, which is also known for its festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and archaeological sites.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodation options in Swindon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) away
Getting around Swindon
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Swindon Station. Swindon might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Swindon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Swindon is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C