Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights in the city include Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral and Old Sarum.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodation options in Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Getting around Salisbury
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Salisbury Station, Dean Station or Salisbury Tisbury Station. Salisbury might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Salisbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Salisbury gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C