Visitors can enjoy all that Punalur has to offer including the temples, ecotours and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers and shopping.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Punalur
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Punalur Thenmala Station, Kazhuthurutty Station or Punalur Station. Punalur may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Punalur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- About 64 millimetres of rain falls on Punalur each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C