Visitors to Varkala are sure to enjoy the beaches and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, its breweries and spas.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Varkala
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Varkala
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Thiruvananthapuram Varkala Station. Varkala may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Varkala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Varkala is 64 millimetres
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C