I have mixed feelings about Lake Palace. It's supposedly a 5 star hotel, but there were several things lacking. The positives and negatives of my stay follow:
- The service of the wait staff was very high. They even went out of their way to make us a specially prepared roast chicken for Christmas dinner, which wasn't on the menu, at no extra charge!
- The food was delicious
- The rooms were clean
- The restaurant seemed to have a policy of cooking everything on your order all at once before bringing any of it out. This led to cold starters much of the time, as they'd not bring them out until they'd finished cooking the mains
- There are fairly frequent power cuts
- The WiFi was patchy and frequently uncooperative
- The end of the garden, near the lake, STINKS! Smells like an open sewer. There's visible garbage in the garbage store and the view from our room - the hotel's only suite and the best room in the place - was of a baron wasteland with drains. At one point a member of staff even urinated directly under our balcony in full view!
- The AC in the room didn't always work
- Driver we booked didn't speak English, despite us being told he would
- Remote location might not be appreciated, depending what you're looking for
- They tried to charge us for a pomegranate stain, which is unexpected in a 5 star hotel!