History buffs will enjoy exploring Newbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, archaeological sites and art. Around the area, top sights include Oracle, Mapledurham House and Watermill and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Newbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) away
Getting around Newbury
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Newbury Station or Newbury Racecourse Station. Newbury may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Newbury gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C