Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 5 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 29 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 16 Feb 2020
Visitors to Madurai are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, rivers and festivals.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Madurai
- The closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Madurai
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Madurai Junction Station, Madurai East Station or Thiruparankundram Station. Madurai may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Madurai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and nighttime averages of 24°C
- Average annual rainfall for Madurai is 838 millimetres
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C