Travellers to Sholavandan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 54 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Sholavandan
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Sholavandan Station. Sholavandan might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sholavandan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°C and the nighttime average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 40°C during the day and 27°C at night
- July to September averages 38°C during the day and 27°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 35°C during the day and 24°C at night
- About 838 millimetres of rain falls on Sholavandan each year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 39°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F