Visitors to Kollam are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, sightseeing tours and forests.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Kollam
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 36 mi (58 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kollam
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kollam Junction Station. Kollam might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kollam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Kollam gets about 64 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C