Visitors can enjoy all that Dindigul has to offer including the temples, rivers and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Dindigul
- The closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Dindigul
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ambaturai Station or Dindigul Junction Station. Dindigul might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dindigul
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and nighttime averages of 24°C
- About 838 millimetres of rain falls on Dindigul each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C