Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Colombo, which is also known for its sporting events and cafes. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its seafood, museums and art.
- There are 272 hotels and other accommodation options in Colombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Colombo
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Colombo Fort Station or Wellawatta Railway Station. Colombo might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Colombo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Colombo gets about 93 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C