Visiting Benton Harbor
Travellers to Benton Harbor give high marks for the lakeside setting, casinos and shopping. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its wineries and golfing.
- There are 334 hotels and other accommodation options in Benton Harbor
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 46.9 mi (75.4 km) away
Getting around Benton Harbor
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Benton Harbor is easy. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from St. Joseph-Benton Harbor Station, Dowagiac Station or Niles Station. You can learn about water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Benton Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -6°C
- Benton Harbor gets about 922 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C