Travellers to Waco give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping and university vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants and theatres.
- There are 93 hotels and other accommodation options in Waco
- The closest major airport is in Waco, TX (ACT-Waco Regional), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) away
Getting around Waco
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at McGregor Station. Waco might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Waco
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 881 millimetres of rain falls on Waco each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C