Visitors to Speyer are sure to enjoy the museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, aquarium and opera houses. A top sight in the area is Heidelberg Castle.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Speyer
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 51 mi (82.1 km) away
Getting around Speyer
With so many transport options, exploring all of Speyer is easy. Head to Speyer Nord-West S-Bahn to catch the metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Speyer Central Station.
Dressing for Speyer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Speyer gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 0°C