Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Mannheim, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, monuments and theatres. A top sight in the area is Heidelberg Castle.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Mannheim
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 39.4 mi (63.4 km) away
Getting around Mannheim
With so many transport options, exploring Mannheim is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Zentrum and Mannheim-Friedrichsfeld Süd S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Mannheim Central Station, Mannheim Handelshafen Station or Mannheim-Neckarstadt Station.
Dressing for Mannheim
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mannheim is 29 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C