History buffs enjoy visiting Saint-Germain-en-Laye though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments and forests. Top sights around the area include Palace of Versailles, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Saint-Germain-en-Laye
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 23 mi (37.1 km) away
Getting around Saint-Germain-en-Laye
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Saint-Germain-en-Laye is simple. Metro stations nearby include Saint-Germain-en-Laye RER Station and Saint-Germain-en-Laye Acheres-Grand-Cormier Station. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Saint-Germain-en-Laye-Grande Ceinture Station or Saint-Germain-en-Laye Bel Air-Fourqueux Station.
Dressing for Saint-Germain-en-Laye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 35 millimetres of rain falls on Saint-Germain-en-Laye each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C