Visitors can enjoy all that Nanterre has to offer including the architecture, local tours and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and art. Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and Galeries Lafayette are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4255 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Paris
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) away
Getting around Nanterre
With so many transport options, seeing all of Nanterre is a breeze. Head to Nanterre Préfecture RER Station to catch the metro. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Paris Nanterre-University Station, Nanterre-Ville Station or Nanterre University Station.
Dressing for Nanterre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 35 millimetres of rain falls on Nanterre each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C