Visiting Orta San Giulio
Visitors to Orta San Giulio are sure to enjoy the lakes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops, monuments and mountain views. Sacred Mountain of Varallo, Borromeo Plaza and Isola Bella Botanical Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Orta San Giulio
- The closest major airport is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Getting around Orta San Giulio
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Orta-Miasino Station. Orta San Giulio might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Orta San Giulio
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Orta San Giulio is 958 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C