Travellers to Stresa give high marks for the beautiful gardens and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Sacred Mountain of the Rosary, Borromeo Plaza and Isola Bella Botanical Garden.
- There are 117 hotels and other accommodation options in Stresa
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.5 km) away
Getting around Stresa
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Stresa is simple. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Stresa Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Stresa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- Stresa gets about 958 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C