Visitors can enjoy all that Matara has to offer including the seaside, temples and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. In Matara, there are 39 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Dressing for Matara
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 22°C
- About 63 millimetres of rain falls on Matara each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C