History buffs will enjoy exploring Lucca, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the a cathedral. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its cafes and sightseeing. Top sights in the city include Church of San Michele in Foro, Palazzo Pfanner and Guinigi Tower.
- There are 469 hotels and other accommodation options in Lucca
- The closest major airport is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) away
Getting around Lucca
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Lucca Station, Lucca San Pietro a Vico Station or Lucca Ponte a Moriano Station. Lucca may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lucca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Lucca gets about 33 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C