Search Hostels in Lismore
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Other property types in Lismore
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Karinga Motel
Reviewed on 8 Jul 2020
Byron Hinterland Villas
Reviewed on 4 Aug 2020
Casino Motor Inn
Reviewed on 31 Jul 2020
Hostels and More in Lismore
Lismore has 30 accommodation options, so if you have trouble finding many hostels in the area, you can still pick something that meets your needs. With the affordable options here, you can spend less on overnight costs and save more money for everything you want to do during your trip. If you're hoping to treat your taste buds while you're here, you can check out the coffee shops.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Lismore?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically February and January, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 28° C and night-time temperatures average 15° C
- April-June: 26° C is the daytime average and 5° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 24° C and night-time averages are around 4° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 28° C during the day and 10° C at night
- Average rainfall is 33 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Lismore?
Depending on what interests you, you might like these places to visit:Natural Features
- Rocky Creek Dam
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Whian Whian State Conservation Area
- Lismore Regional Gallery
- Casino Folk Museum
- Lismore Visitor Information Centre
- Casino Golf Club
- Nimbin Visitor Information Centre
Overall, Lismore is known for its:
- Casino gaming
- Bird watching
How to Get to Lismore and Around the Area
You can fly into the closest airport in Lismore, NSW (LSY), located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre. Another option is Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), situated 17 mi (27.4 km) away. After you've arrived, you might want to use public transport to get around. Train stations like Casino Station and Kyogle Station make it easy to see more of the area.