Search Hostels in Byron Bay
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Byron Bay
Byron Bay Hotel & Apartments
Reviewed on 19 Feb 2021
Discovery Parks – Byron Bay
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
Glen Villa Resort
Reviewed on 25 Feb 2021
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for a low-cost place to stay in Byron Bay, one of its 6 hostels could be a great choice for you. These dorm-style accommodation options come in quite a few different forms, but all of them have a few things in common:
- Budget prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
By staying at a hostel in Byron Bay, you can cut your spending on accommodation and use more of your trip funds for sightseeing during your stay. You can enjoy activities in this destination like surfing and cycling trails.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Byron Bay?
Good weather's always better when you're experiencing new places, so here are some stats about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically February and January, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 27° C and night-time temperatures average 16° C
- April-June: 25° C is the daytime average and 8° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 23° C and night-time averages are around 7° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 27° C during the day and 12° C at night
- Average rainfall is 34 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Byron Bay?
Depending on what interests you, you might appreciate these places to visit:Natural Features
- Arakwal National Park
- Tyagarah Nature Reserve
- Torakina Park
- Bangalow Historical Museum & Tea Rooms
- Brunswick Picture House
- Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum
- Main Beach
- Captain Cook Lookout
- Clarkes Beach
Generally, Byron Bay is known for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Byron Bay and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), located 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre. Another option is Lismore, NSW (LSY), situated 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away. Once you're on the ground, you might want to use public transport during your trip. If you're looking to explore more of the surrounding area, make your way to Mullumbimby Station to catch a train.