Overview of Hitchin Priory
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Pet Friendly
- Air conditioning
Choose dates to view prices
Economy Double Room
Economy Single Room
Premium Double Room, 1 King Bed
About this area
Hitchin Priory is located in Hitchin. Chiltern Hills and Wrest Park & Gardens reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Benington Lordship Gardens and Stotfold Watermill & Nature Reserve. Woodside Animal Farm and Hertfordshire County Showground are also worth visiting.Visit our Hitchin travel guide
- Gordon Craig Theatre - 13 min drive
- Stotfold Watermill & Nature Reserve - 15 min drive
- Wrest Park & Gardens - 17 min drive
- Knebworth House - 18 min drive
- Wrest Park - 22 min drive
- Hitchin Station - 20 min walk
- London (STN-Stansted) - 51 min drive
- Where to eat
- Delme – Garden-view restaurant offering local and international cuisine. Serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and light fare daily. Kids' menu available.
- Bar – Open daily.
About this property
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Payment types at the property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 9.5 and GBP 12.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 10.00 per pet, per night
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Safety features at this property include a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- Guests are provided with hand sanitiser.
- For traveller safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; contactless check-in and check-out are available; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
Frequently asked questions
- Disliked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Tired, disappointing, basic & needs major refurb
Hotel very tired, and just doesn’t resemble the photos advertised in the slightest. From the moment we arrived in the car park, which was covered with parking warning signage, we were sceptical. Polite and pleasant staff checked us in, but then allocated us a room which, at best could be described as tired, dilapidated and basic. The whole annex in which the room was housed felt dated; the walls covered in dots and dabs of paint covering old marks etc; the carpet threadbare and the room looked more 1980s than 2020s. It really didn’t stand up against its price tag, when a comparable price got a clean, modern and more relaxing double room at a nearby Premier Inn. We opted not to stay the night in the end - as we just didn’t feel comfortable, though credit to the staff they were apologetic for the inconvenience. Couldn’t fault them, simply the hotel and dated facilities.