Visiting Freiburg im Breisgau
History buffs will enjoy exploring Freiburg im Breisgau, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university. A top sight in the area is Europa-Park.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodation options in Freiburg im Breisgau
- The closest major airport is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 31.1 mi (50 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) away
Getting around Freiburg im Breisgau
With so many transport options, exploring Freiburg im Breisgau is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Freiburg, Freiburg Hospital S-Bahn and Freiburg Messe/University S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Freiburg Central Station, Freiburg Breiburg Central Station or Freiburg-Herdern Station.
Dressing for Freiburg im Breisgau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Freiburg im Breisgau gets about 409 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and April with an average of 6°C