Search Hostels in Cardiff
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Cardiff
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Cardiff
Park Plaza Cardiff
Reviewed on 24 Nov 2020
Jurys Inn Cardiff
Reviewed on 24 Oct 2020
Future Inns Cardiff Bay
Reviewed on 6 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for an affordable place to stay in Cardiff, one of its 6 hostels could be a great option for you. No two hostels look identical, but these dorm-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Low prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Cardiff for good value, so you can save your budget for sightseeing. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its historic sites and theatres.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Cardiff?
Good weather's always better when you want to venture out and explore, so here's some information about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 10° C and night-time temperatures average 2° C
- April-June: 19° C is the daytime average and 4° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 20° C and night-time averages are around 10° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 16° C during the day and 3° C at night
- Average rainfall is 32 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Cardiff?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- Principality Stadium
- Cardiff Castle
- National Museum Wales
- Bute Park
- Sophia Gardens
- Roath Park
- Wales Millennium Centre
- Museum of Welsh Life
- St. David's Hall
In general, Cardiff is known for its:
- Historical sites
How to Get to Cardiff and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away. Once you're on the ground, you might want to make use of public transport. To see more of the area, catch a train at Cardiff Central Station, Cardiff Queen Street Station or Cathays Station.