Visiting West Kilbride
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in West Kilbride, which is also known for its spas and sea. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and cocktail bars.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in West Kilbride
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Getting around West Kilbride
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at West Kilbride Station. West Kilbride may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for West Kilbride
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for West Kilbride is 47 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C