Wellington Hotels from Rs4,363
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
Where to stay in Wellington
4.5/5Wonderful!(47 area reviews)
Te Aro is known for its popular shops, and with sights like Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) and Cuba Street Mall, you won't get bored spending a day wandering around this part of Wellington CBD.
5/5Exceptional!(8 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Oriental Bay, Oriental Parade and Oriental Bay Beach are top sights worth seeing.
If you're spending some time in Thorndon, Lambton Quay and Katherine Mansfield Birthplace are top sights worth seeing.
Some popular features of Aro Valley include its restaurants and shopping. If you're in the mood to explore farther, Zealandia or Cuba Street Mall are worth checking out in the surrounding nearby area.
While Karori isn't home to many top sights, Zealandia and Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) are some notable places to visit nearby.
Travellers to Wellington give high marks for the fascinating museums, beautiful gardens and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its port, restaurants and cafes. Top sights in the city include Civic Square, Wellington Cable Car and Te Papa.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodation options in Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Getting around Wellington
With so many transport options, exploring all of Wellington is a breeze. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wellington Station, Wellington Kaiwharawhara Station or Wellington Crofton Downs Station. You can take a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Wellington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Wellington is 1244 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wellington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wellington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Wellington?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Wellington?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Wellington?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Wellington?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Wellington?
What's the best high-end hotel in Wellington?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Wellington?
Wellington Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Wellington by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wellington Airports
- Areas of Wellington
- Accommodation near Wellington Attractions
- More accommodation types in Wellington
- Choose Your Wellington Hotel Style
- Search Wellington Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Wellington
- Hotels Near Wellington, Wellington Region
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations