Search Hostels in Sydney
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Sydney
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 7 Jun 2019
Other property types in Sydney
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Reviewed on 24 Oct 2020
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
Oaks Sydney Goldsbrough Suites
Reviewed on 17 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for a low-cost place to stay in Sydney, one of the 66 hostels here could be a great option. No two hostels look identical, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Sydney for good value, so you can save more for exploring. We've heard good things about the waterfront and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Sydney?
The weather can be a big factor when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically February and January, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 26° C and night-time temperatures average 16° C
- April-June: 23° C is the daytime average and 8° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 20° C and night-time averages are around 8° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 25° C during the day and 12° C at night
- Average rainfall is 1188 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Sydney?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might like these places:Top Sights
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Bondi Beach
- Cook + Phillip Park
- Hyde Park
- The Domain
- Theatre Royal
- Wentworth Gallery Indigenous Artists
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum
In general, Sydney is known for its:
How to Get to Sydney and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), located 5.3 mi (8.6 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), situated 53.5 mi (86.1 km) away. When you're out and about, you may want to use public transport to get around. Walk to nearby metro stations like Martin Place Station, Wynyard Station and St. James Station. To see more of the surrounding area, hop on a train at Sydney Circular Quay Station, Exhibition Centre Station or Sydney Central Station.