Visiting South Bend
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Bend, and visitors give high marks for the exciting football games, university vibe and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its rivers and restaurants. A top sight in the city is Notre Dame Stadium.
- There are 153 hotels and other accommodation options in South Bend
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) away
Getting around South Bend
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from South Bend Station, Niles Station or Elkhart Station. South Bend might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for South Bend
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for South Bend is 965 millimetres
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C