Where to stay in San Diego
Relax in beachside cafés in the morning, surf clean breaks in the afternoon and dance with a youthful club crowd at night at this coastal San Diego strip.
Downtown San Diego
Known for its fantastic nightlife, fascinating museums and beautiful waterfront views, there's plenty to explore in Downtown San Diego. Top attractions like Port of San Diego and B Street Cruise Ship Terminal are major draws. Catch the metro at America Plaza Trolley Station or County Center - Little Italy Station to see more of the city.
The historic heart of San Diego has a fascinating history, and today is a thriving hub for food, retail and entertainment.
Known for its stunning beaches and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Mission Valley. Check out top attractions like Hotel Circle and SDCCU Stadium, and jump on the metro at Mission Valley Center Station or Hazard Center Station to see more of the city.
The ample dining options and beautiful seaside views are just a few popular features of the neighbourhood. Make a stop by Old Town San Diego State Park or Old Town Trolley Tours while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Old Town Transit Center Station to get around town.
Top hotels in San Diego
Reviewed on 28 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 27 Sep 2020
San Diego Beach Holiday
If you're eager to escape the city crowds, a San Diego holiday is just the ticket. There's no end to the picturesque views to take in during a trip to San Diego. Those who love the water may already be familiar with Mission Beach (7 miles (11 km) away) and will probably want to stay nearby. But there's no need to worry if the nearest hotels are full. Many visitors also take advantage of San Diego packages around Mission and Pacific Beaches and North Cove Beach.
Things You Should Know About San Diego
- Fall asleep to the gentle sounds of the sea in one of our San Diego beach hotels. There's nothing better than staying close to the ocean.
- Private holiday homes are another top choice for those planning a holiday in San Diego. Some great examples are Modern Poolside and Baja Sands 4 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms Home.
- San Diego has a population of around 1,307,550 people. Why not head out and have a conversation with a few of them? It's a great way to get a little inside intel on the place! Also look up our San Diego things to do page.
- If you're searching for places to visit while you're in town, add Mission and Pacific Beaches, North Cove Beach and Kellogs Beach to your travel schedule. Also, be sure to look into our San Diego holiday deals to save loads on your hotels and experiences.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to save money on my San Diego holiday?
Which airports can I fly into for a San Diego holiday?
What are the most popular types of hotels for a trip to San Diego?
What does a holiday booking with Expedia include?
What are the best things to do in San Diego?
- San Diego Scavenger Hunt: The Shady Side of Sunny San Diego
- San Diego Scavenger Hunt: Old Town Charms
- Wacky Walks Adventure walking tours of California
- San Diego Scavenger Hunt: Slammin’ San Diego Bar Crawl
- OLD SCHOOL LITTLE ITALY FOOD TOUR
- Round Trip Transfer to Legoland California