Visitors to Sal are sure to enjoy the bars and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and coffee shops.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodation options in Sal
- The closest major airport is in Sal Island (SID-Amilcar Cabral Intl.), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boa Vista Island (BVC-Rabil), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Dressing for Sal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sal is 1 millimetres
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F