Search Hostels in Newcastle
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Newcastle
Other property types in Newcastle
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
NOAH'S On The Beach
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find a low-cost place to stay in Newcastle, there are 165 accommodation options here to pick from, including hostels. No two hostels look identical, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Newcastle for good value, so you can save more for going out. The sea views create an appealing natural setting, and you can enjoy attractions like the waterfront.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Newcastle?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 27° C and night-time temperatures average 16° C
- April-June: 24° C is the daytime average and 8° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 22° C and night-time averages are around 8° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 27° C during the day and 12° C at night
- Average rainfall is 33 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Newcastle?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might like these places:Natural Features
- King Edward Park
- Newcastle Civic Park
- Newcastle Ocean Baths
- Civic Theater
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery
- Newcastle Beach
- Fort Scratchley
- Horseshoe Beach
Generally, Newcastle is known for its:
How to Get to Newcastle and Around the Area
You can fly into the closest airport in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away from the city centre. After you've arrived, you might want to use public transport to get around. To explore more of the area, hop on a train at Civic Station, Newcastle Interchange Station or Hamilton Station.