Hostels in Port Stephens
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Cities in Port Stephens
Featured Hostels in Port Stephens
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for low-cost places to stay in Port Stephens, a hostel might be a great choice for you. These dorm-style accommodation options come in quite a few forms, but they all have a few things in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
By choosing a hostel in Port Stephens, you can reduce your spending on accommodation and use more of your budget for exploring during your holiday. We've heard good things about the marina and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like whale watching.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Port Stephens?
Good weather's always better when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 27° C and night-time temperatures average 16° C
- April-June: 24° C is the daytime average and 8° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 22° C and night-time averages are around 8° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 27° C during the day and 12° C at night
- Average rainfall is 33 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Port Stephens?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might enjoy these places to visit:Natural Features
- Salamander Bay
- Longworth Park
- Corlette Point Park
- Soldiers Point Marina
- Port Stephens
- Salamander Bay Shopping Centre
In general, Port Stephens is known for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Port Stephens and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre.